Wednesday 13 November 2013

NaNoWriMo Update

Oh hi, let me just crawl out of my NaNo cave for a bit and let you know I'm still alive. 

I literally cannot fathom how you people do this. I know that some of you are hardcore-every-single-year NaNo writers and I am very impressed now that I'm experiencing all of this for myself. 

How is your writing going? Are you meeting your deadlines? 

I'm behind on the word count, but I think I've got it under control. I was wondering today how you guys like to structure your writing. This doesn't necessarily only apply to NaNoWriMo, but any kind of writing really. I assumed I would write in order, from start to finish. It seemed so logical, given the time restraint and the daily word targets. I even had Björn use his newly acquired programming skills to program a little calendar for me with the daily word count, so that I could write it all in one document and not have to do the maths. How naive I was! 

Instead I've been writing in a kind of strange, illogical manner. You see, the story I'm writing has been in my mind for the longest time. I dream about it and I think about it and I imagine my characters and I work out all the little details when I'm in yoga class or wandering about outside. So I've been finding pictures that resemble the story in my head and writing mini stories based on those, that I plan to eventually knit together into a more coherent narrative. It's very much like the writing prompts I used to post here. (Would you like to see more of those, by the way? I have lots of images stored up and ready to have the crap written out of ;) 

How do you guys like to write? Are you strict with yourself when it comes to order and coherence, or do you just let it all flow out of your mind as it materialises? 

Good luck to you, we're nearly halfway there! 

2 comments:

  1. That is so cool that it takes you over like that. I get that way with a craft project, esp. if I've run into a problem with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good news this is to everyone out there with different health challenges, as I know there are still a lot of people suffering from different health issues and are therefore looking for solutions. I bring you Good news. There is a man called Dr Itua herbal practitioner who helped cure me from HSV (2). I have suffered from this disease for the past 5 years and I have spent so much money trying to survive from it. I got my healing by taking the herbal medicine Dr Itua sent to me to drink for about 14 days . 3 days after completion of the dosage, I went for a medical checkup and I was tested free from HSV. All thanks to God for leading me to Dr Itua who was able to cure me completely from this deadly disease. I’m sharing this so that other people can know of this great healer called Dr Itua because I got to know him through Elizabeth who he cured from HPV . I was made to understand that he can cure several other deadly diseases and infections. Don’t die in ignorance or silence and don’t let that illness take your life. Contact Dr Itua through his email (drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com) You can also order from his webstore https://drituaherbalcenter.com/shop/. He cure all forms of disease {1}HIV/AIDS {2}DIABETES {3}EPILEPSY {4} BLOOD CANCER {5} HPV {6} BRAIN TUMOR {7} HEPATITIS {8}COPD{9} SICKLE AND ANAEMIA.etc Be kind enough to share as you received

    ReplyDelete