Wednesday 3 July 2013

Tea Party for One

Having recently moved out of a shared flat, I'm really enjoying some time on my own. Sometimes it's nice to take a book out into the sunshine and enjoy some peace and quiet. Reading is good for the soul, after all, and it's so important to treat ourselves once in a while. 


Why not find yourself a beautiful place to take a peaceful walk? I love walking in the woods and through fields of wild flowers. 


Time to settle down with some treats! It doesn't get more British than tea and fruitcake! Can you hear the birds chirping? Does the grass feel funny, tickling your toes?


Watch out for these sneaky ones! They like to steal bits of cake when you're not looking!

Do you enjoy spending time on your own? Have you picked your summer reads? I'm currently reading The Memoirs of Cleopatra by Margaret George. I highly recommend it if you enjoy historic novels.

the little nordic cabin
x

@nordiccabin

help yourself to my pics, just be sure to link back to me :)

7 comments:

  1. I would like to have tea with you, though I don't drink tea a lot, but maybe I could have my brown coffee and lots of fruit cakes! It would be wonderful! :)

    Darling, you are lovely. Be happy, because you deserve it. I miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an adorable dog!!

    I had no idea fruitcake was considered British. My aunt makes one that I quite enjoy, but in America fruitcake is widely hated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i LOVE being alone! i actually think i'm happiest when i'm alone. sounds like a lovely day you had :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love being alone too but I'm used to it as an only child. No summer reads planned...I've started 5 books over the past year and haven't finished any of them. I lose interest half way through.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh, such peace! I do enjoy being alone but rarely manage to do it. You dog is beautiful! A spaniel?

    I'm happy for you that you have your own space now :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Nikki! So glad to hear from you, girl!
    Well, I adore British tea time.. a nice time with a book in an open field?? please, take me there! I am fine, have been blogging.

    P.S. can't understand but I couldn't see your blog posts on my dashboard... strange. Will check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. *gasp* I'm following you, but for some reason your updates aren't showing up on my feed? Though apparently I'm not the only one. *sigh* Glitchy blogger...

    These pictures are so beautiful! I can think of little more perfect than the scenario you describe.
    The only specific summer read I've made sure to get is one of Mary Stewart's romantic-suspense novels. They always make me think of summer, since it was summer when I first started reading her books. The rest of my summer reads I shall undoubtedly pick willy-nilly, as I do the rest of the year. :)

    Take care, darling. xxx

    ReplyDelete