Tuesday 13 March 2012

A - Z challenge, come on everybody, sign up!

I have just read that the A - Z April Challenge has reached 1000 participants, in fact, it is currently at 1019! That's so great. Now I'm going to try to persuade those of you who have not already signed up, to go ahead and do so with my own A - Z of why you should take part this year:

After signing up for the challenge last month, I was given an award for "best kept secret" blogs who have less than 200 followers. There are so many little awards out there to win and with more followers comes more opportunities to enter these little competitions or be awarded with these things. 



When you sign up for the challenge, you can pick from a range of cute badges. Come on. Who doesn't love having Mickey Mouse on the side of their page? 



We are part of an online community, as very nicely discussed by Leslie (go visit her now!). The challenge gives us the opportunity to be daring, to try something new and exciting. Since I began the challenge I have gained many more followers and have found many new, interesting blogs to follow myself. Some of these blogs that I have found give wonderful advice to writers, offer help and generally give great inspiration. So just give it a try, at the very least, I know you are going to enjoy it! 

If you keep working on this project for a month, you could end up with a really nice writing routine. Other blogs in the blog list provide plenty of laughter, motivation and of course, visiting these blogs help you to meet new people and allow you to observe what others are doing and thinking. I have really learnt a lot over the last month. 

Practice makes perfect and ... q ... q q q ... you could become a blogging queen! (I know, q is a hard one, alright?) So go and have a read through some of those blogs. Everyone there will help to support you throughout the challenge. You might even get to take part in some of these tag games that have been going around. This is a really unique blogging opportunity that will give you valuable writing experience and the chance to work really hard on something and benefit from the rewards. Extra information can be found here, yes I know I cheated on some of these, zzz I'm out. 

Go there, now. Please :) 

14 comments:

  1. This was a fun A-Z! Q and Z made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun to do :) Q and Z are so hard, it's making me nervous!

      Delete
  2. Glad you're on board for the Challenge! Going to be epic this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really can't wait! I'm more than on board, I'm all over this :D

      Delete
  3. Keep on pushing. We want to break last years sign up count which means we need to hit at least 1300.

    Thanks

    Lee
    An A to Z Co-Host
    Tossing It Out
    Twitter: @AprilA2Z
    #atozchallenge
    Blogging from A to Z

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We can do it, there seems to be more and more every day now :) It would be so great to get to 1500!

      Delete
  4. if my laptop holds up, i'll be there, too! thanks for stopping by my blog, Nikki! i appreciate the feedback. {smile}

    have fun with the challenge ~ i'll see you again.
    dani ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Already signed up an nervous! This will be my first A-Z attempt ... Fingers crossed.

    I see you like Sigur Ros. I fell in love with their sound after watching their video for 'Olsen, Olsen' filmed in HD playing outdoors to a large gathering. On the strength of that I now own two of their CDs, and looking for more :) You must be happy they've gone touring once again after such a long lay off.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just signed up this year - my first attempt as well. :) Should be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I love your A to Z, well done! Also, some excellent points on why it's such a great idea to sign up for the challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I hope more people sign up!

      Delete
  8. Thanks for stopping by. This challenge is such a wonderful thing. Before this, I had only heard of bloggers doing the 365 posts in a year, but that's too overwhelming for me.It should be a good exercise in discipline, as well as a fun way to build content while connecting with others. I will subscribe to your blog to keep up with your posts throughout the challenge. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by too! I cannot imagine writing every single day for a year, that would be really hard! I think this challenge is the perfect length. Have fun too! Nice to meet you :)

      Delete
  9. Thanks for stopping by the other day :) I'm up for the challenge, and can't wait to read about what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete