Wednesday 28 March 2012

The Sunshine Award // The Lucky 7 Meme

I am a lucky girl this week! I got back to Norway on Sunday afternoon, then travelled all the way from Oslo to Umeå (in Sweden) yesterday. It was a very long journey, I left my little flat at 6am and arrived at my boyfriend's flat at 11pm! At least I had a break in Stockholm for an hour so I could eat some yummy chicken nuggets :)


So now I'm sitting in bed, trying to will myself to get up and into the shower, but I thought I'd post a couple of things I was given last week. Once I've gotten these crazy days out of the way I will go back to normal posting. I'm super nervous about the A - Z challenge now, I'm feeling quite unprepared! Hopefully I will have some free mornings to sit down with some coffee and just write and write and write!

The Sunshine Award:


A great big shiny thank you to Jeremy at geeky tendencies for giving me this award. Go visit him right now! 

I must answer the following questions in order to accept the award: 

Favourite Colour: Pink. I'm a really girly girl. 

Favourite animal: I adore deer


(I can't find the website I got this from, but it's called "And Then There Were Three"and it's by Christie King. I'd love it if any of you had heard of her and could send me the link!)

Favourite number: 15 has always been my favourite, I didn't even notice until a few years ago that it's my date of birth, (1st May) either. I have synesthesia so my numbers all have colours, for that reason I also really love 9, since for me it's a pretty shade of pink :)

Favourite non-alcoholic drink: Strawberry milk or old-fashioned lemonade.

Facebook or Twitter? Facebook. I really don't get Twitter. I don't understand who's talking to whom, what you're supposed to write or how it works. Everyone I know uses Facebook, so I just stay there :)

My passions are: Anything Nordic or that involves making people smile.

Getting or giving presents: Of course I like getting presents, but I absolutely love the feeling of handing someone a package and knowing that they will just love what's inside. I love wandering around the shops, piecing together the perfect gift for someone, wrapping it up prettily and seeing their face when they open it. 

Favourite pattern: I have no idea :(

Favourite day of the week: I like all the days. I'm not one of those who hates Mondays but I really dislike Sundays. I always leave things to the last minute so Sundays can be stressful! 

Favourite flower: Peonies. But I also love tulips, daffodils, hyacinths and daisies :)

The Lucky 7 Meme:


Thank you very much, Laura for tagging me with this. Go have a look at Laura's sweet blog, my baffling brain now :)


The rules are as follows:

1. Go to page 77 of your current MS (Or a fave book)
2. Go to line 7
3. Copy down the next 7 lines, sentences, or paragraphs, and post them as they're written.
4. Tag 7 authors
5. Let them know.

I don't know what an MS is and one of the downsides of living abroad is that you can't carry your favourite books around (before you say it, I'm just too old-fashioned for a kindle!) But I had a look through my boyfriends bookshelf and for some lucky reason, he happens to have one of my books here, by one of my favourite authors! Oh, for some unlucky reason, page 77 happens to only have a few lines on it. I'm just going to post what is written on page 77 then, I hope you can forgive me for basically breaking all the rules here...

This is from A Winter Book by Tove Jansson:

I got into bed and pulled the bedclothes over my head and waited for the warmth to come back. It came. Slowly at first, but then little by little it reached down to my feet. But all the same I had been a coward, and all because of two inches. I could feel it in my tummy. Sometimes I think all strong feelings start in the tummy; for me they do, at any rate. 

For both of these things, I'm not going to tag anyone since I'm running out of time. But if you'd like either of them, just take them :) Consider yourselves all tagged! 

PS. I made a little badge, so if you are feeling Nordic Inspired, please feel free to take that one too :)


How are the A - Z preparations going for you? Do you feel nervous about it? I can't believe April came along so quickly, it's only a few days until the challenge begins! 


inspire nordic

8 comments:

  1. I know I can't believe it starts on Sunday! I'm kind of prepared, but there are still a few letters that I have no ideas for! But I'll get there eventually :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nikki, you little graphic designer, you!

    Hmm, on top of my (possibly foolish?) decision to post a three minute short story each Friday, I now have the A-Z staring me in the face. Why do I do such things? Why!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Synesthesia, no offence meant, but that sounds pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have too much to do to take part in the A-Z; but I'm kind of worried I have too much to do to read what other people are doing for the A-Z too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was a little anxious about the A-Z ... after all, it is my first real blogging challenge. But I'm a bit OCD so I think I'm prepared enough! LOL! We'll see how well I do!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on the Sunshine Award! I really love the deer picture you shared. xoxo A-

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your badge. I also love the fact that you have synesthesia, which like Jeremy mentioned sounds very cool. Have no idea what it is. Congratulations with your sunshine award.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hello nikki!
    such adorable post, such adorable deers,
    i do agrre with you, pink but green and lavender too,
    deer and rabbits, dogs, horses, squirrels.
    i am a vegetarian::)

    see you soon sweetie!

    ReplyDelete