Tuesday 13 March 2012

Cozy days

I'm sorry that I have been away for so long. I was in England for a week, visiting my family and then I flew back to Oslo with my best friend who stayed for almost a week. 

We had such a lovely time together. She helped me remember all of the things I liked about this place, since I had grown tired of being here for so long. We spent long evenings chatting together and drinking wine, cooking nice food and playing cards. 


On the first day we went to Sognsvann, a beautiful lake about 20 minutes walk away from my flat. It had snowed heavily the day before, so it was particularly stunning that day. 


The second day was by far my favourite. After my class we wandered into town and met Bryony's parents who had happened to be in Oslo for a conference. They took us to this lovely cafe for lunch and coffee and when we said goodbye they gave me these beautiful flowers that are currently sitting on my windowsill and making my room smell gorgeous. 


It was so lovely to have Bryony staying here with me and she made me feel a thousand times better! Thank you my beautiful twin :)


inspire nordic

13 comments:

  1. What beautiful pictures :) Glad you had such a good time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amanda, it was really lovely :)

      Delete
  2. Followed your link via Amanda's comments page - I hope you don't mind, but I've become one of your followers, as like you, I also enjoy looking at things Scandinavian - I especially love the myths/stories and landscapes.

    Lovely blog, looking forward to exploring it further.

    Kind regards

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course I don't mind :) It always makes me happy to hear that someone likes my page/is interested in Scandinavia!

      I love the myths and stories too and might feature some during the challenge in April :)

      I'm visiting your blog right now, see you there!

      Delete
  3. Thanks so much for stopping by Naturally Sweet! Your blog is adorable :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. A number of years ago, I spent a month in Stockholm with my best friend. It's my mother's birthplace. Nice to meet you and love the blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It's nice to meet you too, Liz :)

      Delete
  5. Nikki,

    Thank you so very much for stopping by the hearth - I hope you will enjoy your stay there ;)

    As regards 'Spartacus: Blood and Sand', I know it's a very graphic and visceral, but the plotting and counter-plotting throughout keeps you gripped till the end. And yes, the loss of Andy Whitfield is a tragic one, on many levels.

    Kind regards,

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pictures! It sounds like a wonderful vacation.

    New follower. I found you through Callie Leuck's blog.

    Cherie Reich - Author

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for stopping by my blog and following, I'm a new follower here. Happy A-Z!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nikki,

    Your photos are lovely! I particularly liked the snowscape. I have to ask--have you seen the Aurora Borealis? I'm told they're extraordinary in your part of the world. To stand beneath the Northern Lights would be like walking through a waking dream, I think. Nothing short of magic...

    Joe
    http://www.josephwrichardson.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Joe. I have just answered your question here :)

      Delete